Instagram

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Having too much fun during conferences...

So....last night was the 2nd night of parent teacher conferences. At my school, parents schedule time to speak to classroom teachers, but I usually don't have too many that stop by the art room. I usually will work on getting caught up on grading work and do other little things that I get behind on during the course of the year. Yesterday I decided to do something a little more fun. You're seeing the results of my not working on grades! Carving like this is done almost entirely with loop tools that are traditionally used for clay. It was a great way to spend my extra hours at school!

5 comments:

Phyl said...

Looks like something I've seen on a competition on the food channel! Kind of a nasty looking expression - hope it's no reflection of your day! :)

Zach Stoller said...

My day was actually really nice. I just thought it would be more fun to do something a little creepy for Halloween!

Unknown said...

Love it Zach! It looks like he smelled something foul and is saying,"EEEwwwwww!" Ha!

Lori Decoite said...

Great job carving!!! In my last school district, it was like yours..nobody came to see the art teacher : /. The district I am in now I am booded soild for 3 days of conferences..go figure! Glad spent your time doing something fun!!

Jen Carlisle said...

I would love to see it now... would have been fun for the kids to watch it shrivel up.