Instagram

Thursday, March 24, 2011

5th Grade Claymation Update

The 5th grade students are doing claymation again!  Claymation is by far the biggest, longest, and most involved project that I do during the entire year. (Even bigger than the bottle cap project!)  It takes at lest two to three months to complete.  At this point, each class has broken up into different groups to complete various tasks.  Students can choose to be character designers, set designers, or writers/storyboard artists. 

This year, the 5th graders are animating the art room rules.  Mrs. Burton, our phys-ed teacher,  put together a playground rules video that we show to every single student on the first day of school each year.  It is informative and hilarious, so I thought doing something similar for the art room would be awesome.  I've included a few pictures of work in process.  Many of the sets are miniatures of the art room and you will see an eraser and a sponge among the characters.  The students have just begun filming, so the final product will be finished in a little over a month.  I'll definitely post the finished video on here when it is finished.



2 comments:

ArtfulArtsyAmy said...

I love claymation, and I do a project every year too. It is soo exciting to see another teacher doing it. And, I LOVE your theme. How awesome. I can't wait to see how these turn out.

Zach Stoller said...

I've always wondered how many elementary teachers do claymation. The kids really enjoy it and learn so much from the process. It's a great way to add in a technology aspect as well. I'll be posting the finished video on here as soon as it is done.

Do you have links to the claymation work your students have done?