Instagram

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Amazed by a Stapler!

As an elementary art teacher, I spend a pretty fair amount of time hanging artwork in the hallways. It is pretty time consuming, but is worth it. One day after school, I was hanging a project. I have what I considered to be a pretty good stapler. It was a Swingline after all. Even with a nice quality stapler, it would jam relatively often. As I was fumbling with trying to get a jammed and bent staple out of the stapler, a teacher walked by and mentioned that a colleague had a new kind of stapler that was stronger and didn't jam.

After doing a bit of research, I found that it was a Paper Pro stapler. I immediately ordered one and have loved having it. It staples easily into cork boards as well as directly into walls. It also doesn't jam! The mechanism is designed differently than ordinary staplers and almost feels like a staple gun. I thought I'd share with everyone. Here is a link to the stapler on Amazon --> http://www.amazon.com/Paper-Pro-1110-PaperPro-Prodigy/dp/B000GGY9LY/ref=pd_sbs_op_1

9 comments:

Phyl said...

Cool. Thanks. I have at home a stapler that I've had for (gulp) over 35 years that probably wasn't even new then when dad gave it to me. NEVER had a problem. But all those Swingline staplers that I've had at school I think have a built in planned-obsolescence. I'll be interested in hearing if this one keeps working good or (like an ipod or any other electronic device) dies the day after the warrantee runs out.

Lori- funart4kids.blogspot.com said...

I love you...if this really works I will send you email kisses! I go through a stapler a year...if it lasts that long! I will order it asap! 2 of them!

Kristyn DeMint said...

Thanks for sharing! I know I have a love hate relationship with my staplers :)

Anonymous said...

Does this stapler use special staples or just the same staples as a normal stapler?

Zach Stoller said...

I just put up another 100 pieces last night and the stapler performed beautifully. No jams at all. Love it.

Also, it does take standard staples.

Anonymous said...

Try the fiscars ergonomical scissors, they spring back...one word....AWESOME!! No more cramped up hands. I could cut all day, wait a minute I do! -kerri

http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-Softouch-Scissors-3-25-Inch-99117097/dp/B00006IFNC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291945927&sr=8-1

Hannah- Art.Paper.Scissors.Glue! said...

It staples into walls?! wow... that IS impressive!

Zach Stoller said...

UPDATE! I have now used the stapler for almost an entire school year and it only jammed ONE TIME! This was one of my best purchases of the entire year.

gostapling said...

keep up the good information and share to everyone so that everyone can learn.