Instagram

Monday, March 8, 2010

Art Can Be Green


I know that quite a few of the people who check out this blog are art teachers.  This is a post for you.  I have been working this year to increase environmental awareness of students in my classroom.  I've been doing this through various art lessons, quite a bit of discussion, and signs and reminders in my room.  

As part of my master's thesis, I created a web site that is all about being green in the art room.  It has some pretty useful information to check out.  If you go there, please feel free to join the green art discussion group.  I'd be happy to hear any feedback about the site.  I'm always looking to add additional information.  Here is the link ---> The Green Art Room

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fabulous blog! I'm going over to check out the green art room. Big interest at our school since the gym teacher and I started a "Green Team". We got the whole school recycling (lead by the kids) and made a recycling museum. One of the P.S.A.'s that the kids made is on my blog too. Going to check out more of your blog. Great ideas!